The first pro ethical and pro ecological Polish competition for fashion designers.
Responsible Fashion Awards – competition for clothes designers dedicated to all fashion enthusiasts, but mainly to designers interested in responsible clothes design with ethical and ecological principles.
Our mission, both MSKPU’s – as an educational facility, and LPP’s – as a leader in clothes design and production in Poland and Europe, is to popularize the knowledge related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and to promote ecological and ethical solutions in the textile industry.
MSKPU is the first one and so far the only fashion school in Poland which teaches CSR, while LPP is the only Polish clothing brand with such a rich and consistent Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy.
We share the understanding of the importance of the subject of ethics in fashion as well as the mission of implementing responsible attitudes in the clothing industry. Hence, we named the competition Responsible Fashion Awards.
MSKPU Management LPP Managers
In Responsible Fashion Awards we encourage the participation of both professional clothes designers, working the clothing industry as well as fashion designer debutants who do not work in the industry yet or have graduated from a fashion design school.
- 2 x PLN 5,000 gross from MSKPU for every winner
- 2 X scholarship for a year’s education at MSKPU in the academic year 2020/2021
- Participation in a professional show – MSKPU Diploma show 2020
- Ecological fabrics from LPP for the implementation of semi-final models and creation of the two winning collections
- For all semi-finalists, participation in a week-long course in CSR in fashion , organized by MSKPU in November 2019
- Furthermore, it is possible to obtain film and photo footage from the presentation of the winning collections at the MSKPU Diploma Fashion Show 2020
- Firstly – it is the first competition in Poland organized by Polish companies.
- Secondly – it is the only competition dedicated to Corporate Social Responsibility – a concept associated with ethical fashion within a wider context.
- Thirdly – it is the only competition where participants receive fabrics for the implementation of their competition works.
- Fourthly – it is the only competition where the prize is participation in a CSR in fashion course.
- Fifthly – it is the only competition with an educational catalogue with samples of eco fabrics for the participants.
RFA PARTICIPATION CALENDAR
1 June 2019 – competition opening
18 September 2019 – deadline for submission of competition works to MSKPU
30 September 2019 – announcement of semi-finalists
31 October 2019 – semi-finalists notified about date and time for the semi-finals
14 November 2019 – semi-finals and announcement of two winners
10 March 2020 – delivery of ready, winning collections to the location of MSKPU
June 2020 – planned MSKPU Diploma Fashion Show 2020
STEP-BY-STEP RFA PARTICIPATION
STEP 1: Familiarize yourself with the eco fabrics’ samples (access to electronic catalogue or samples at the location of MSKPU or LPP).
MSKPU: ul. Okólnik 11a (lokal 2), 00-368 Warszawa
LPP: ul. Łąkowa 39/44, 80-769 Gdańsk
STEP 2: Draw an eco-collection consisting of 6-10 profiles – deliver the drawings, along with detailed description to MSKPU until 18 September 2019.
STEP 3: If you progress to the semi-final (we will inform you about it until 30 September 2019), create one model using the fabrics from our Responsible Fashion Awards Partner – LPP.
STEP 4: 14 November 2019: semi-finalists will be informed about the competition’s winners. Should you be the winner ( 🙂 ), you will receive further fabrics for the creation of the winning collection which will be presented at MSKPU Diploma Fashion Show 2020.
sustainable fashion konkurs eko tkaniny lpp cropp sinsay house mohito reserved odpowiedzialna moda corporate social responsibility csr magdalena płonka ekologia ecology etyka w modzie międzynarodowa szkoła kostiumografii i projektowania ubioru